POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render frames backwards : Re: Render frames backwards Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render frames backwards
From: Ken
Date: 15 Nov 2002 09:47:31
Message: <3DD50912.DBA86F4A@pacbell.net>
Andrew Cocker wrote:

> The user would cancel one or both instances when he/she sees that the 'middle' point
has
> passed, and there are no more frames to be rendered. If the 'middle' point is passed
and the
> user is not at the pc, then some frames are duplicated on each computer. These can
easily be
> deleted.

And I will counter with the argument that it would be silly to modify the program
to allow backward frame processing and not also add the ability to detect what
the other instance is working on so that overlapping frames are not rendered.
I'm not sure how easy it would be to do in a cross platform environment.

--
Ken Tyler